BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
pviland
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all, 

Recently scheduled a job to run in batch with a personal user in SAS Environment Manager in Viya, Job scheduler. When this user left the company and the user was deactivated, the jobs did not execute any longer. 

My immediate idea was to have a shared-user that will always exist, to schedule it with, but with regards to GDPR, and version-control it is not recommended. 

Any ideas/best practices?

//Peder

2 REPLIES 2
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I'm a consultant / statistician without much experience with Admin & Deploy, but I know that you can set up the SAS system to work with a service account (as from VIYA 3.5).
See here:

SAS Viya 3.5 Compute Server Service Accounts
Posted 01-29-2020 04:08 PM | by StuartRogers
https://communities.sas.com/t5/SAS-Communities-Library/SAS-Viya-3-5-Compute-Server-Service-Accounts/...

All users are sassrv then , and hence also the jobs they schedule.

%PUT &=sysuserid;
SYSUSERID=sassrv

This is a very practical solution, but you may run into problems (?) whenever you try to enable for 'Row Level Security' as all users are sassrv.

Koen

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I would suggest a service account that is only used for Viya scheduling. I think it would be dangerous to use an existing SAS installation service account as they will likely need different permissions and require usage to be tracked separately.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation