BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Does anyone kwow if we can activate versioning functionality with SAS Studio ?

I know this is not a native functionality but perhaps, under certain conditions, we could integrate it with a Git tool ?

Description of my platform :

- SAS Studio 3.3

- Usage : Users store SAS Code in SAS program on the Linux Server

Best regards,

Gaetan 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anja
SAS Employee

Hi Gaetan,

as far as i know, SAS Studio does not integrate with Git at this point but it is planned on.

To get a definite answer, it might be best to open a track with TS and get confirmation from them.

Thanks

Anja

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

what information are you exactly looking for?

Changes in files, or access?

Thanks

Anja

Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi Anja,

Is simple integration with Git possible in SAS Studio ?

If no, is this functiunality planned for next version ?

Gaetan

anja
SAS Employee

Hi Gaetan,

as far as i know, SAS Studio does not integrate with Git at this point but it is planned on.

To get a definite answer, it might be best to open a track with TS and get confirmation from them.

Thanks

Anja

SASKiwi
PROC Star

We use SAS Studio with MS Visual Studio and Team Foundation Server (TFS) for change control now. It is simply a matter of creating a folder shortcut to the required TFS workspace (could be GIT also) and then you are good to go.

Checking out is done in Visual Studio and then you can save new changes to a program in SAS Studio. Once you have finished making changes you check the program back in in Visual Studio. It's that easy. 

Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Thank you for you reply.

@SASKiwi: I will test your solution

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation