BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Tommp
Fluorite | Level 6

I have a new VA install and there are bunch of LASR tables that came in by default with the installation. Are any of those actually useful/needed or can they be deleted without breaking things? 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@Tommp,

Do not delete them, those metadata entries are related to auditing (you may enable that feature in the future). Anyway, even if you delete them, nothing bad will happen. EVDMLA will recreate them as soon as you enable auditing.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alexal
SAS Employee

@Tommp,

If you are talking about VA_SAMPLE_* tables, then yes, you can delete them. Do not delete AUDIT_VISUALANALYTICS.

Tommp
Fluorite | Level 6

Ok, so I can delete all the Va_Sample* stuff but I also see these guys on the LASR Analytic Server (not public):

Auidit_VisualAnalytics
Relationships_VisualAnalytics
Events
Filemounts
Gridmgr
Gridmgrhost
Hostplatforms
httpchecks
metadatsvrs
networkinterface

None of them are actually loaded... are they useful?

Thanks Again!
objspawners
saslogicalservers
tcsservers
webappserver
wipdatadb

alexal
SAS Employee

@Tommp,

Do not delete them, those metadata entries are related to auditing (you may enable that feature in the future). Anyway, even if you delete them, nothing bad will happen. EVDMLA will recreate them as soon as you enable auditing.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation