Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Username vairable path in sasv9_usermods.cfg

New Contributor

Username vairable path in sasv9_usermods.cfg

I would like to setup the working paths on our new distributed environment to use paths that have large enough storage and want to adjust sasuser and work dirs as specified.

i dont want any data in /home/userid

-work /sasdata/work/$USERSID

-sasuser /sasdata/Users/$USERID

How do i make this happen.

I have tried !USERNAME and $USER and no luck.

keep getting errors.

[Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.

-------------------------- Technical Information Follows --------------------------

Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: SAS.EG.SDS.SDSException
SAS Message: [Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.

Raw Message: <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>
Source: SAS.EG.SDS.Model
Target Site: SASWorkspace

Stack Trace:
at SAS.EG.SDS.Model.Server.SASWorkspace(Boolean checkWorkspace)
at SAS.EG.SDS.Views.View.DoPopulate(DisplayOperation& op)

Inner Exception Details:
----------------------------------------
Exception type: SAS.EC.Directory.Model.SDSException
SAS Message: [Error] The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.

Raw Message: <?xml version="1.0" ?><Exceptions><Exception><SASMessage severity="Error">The launch of the server process failed because of an invalid or inaccessible WORK library.</SASMessage></Exception></Exceptions>
Source: EC.Directory
Target Site: Connect

Super User

Re: Username vairable path in sasv9_usermods.cfg

Posted in reply to clintontull

$USER should get you the username. Be aware that those directories need to exist before SAS starts for a given user; the WORK directory for the individual session will then be created as a subdirectory of that location.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation