BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
NatashaCollins
SAS Employee

The SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is excited to host SAS Senior Systems Engineer Anja Fischer and Metacoda security expert Paul Homes, who will introduce you to Metacoda security plugs-ins.

This is your chance to hear more about the SAS 9.4 metadata server environment and get an understanding of user, group and role management in SAS 9.4. This webinar will cover that and more. You’ll also learn about several topics, including SAS identities, the importance of registering users and groups in metadata, and alternative authentication providers.

Meeting Information

December 6, 2016

3-4pm ET

Register here

13 REPLIES 13
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

I did reserve my seat for this presentation although I am afraid that on forehand I can indicate that my seat will remain empty.

I do understand that you can not take into consideration all different timezones all around the globe but for me the time slot for the webinar is from 9 to 10 PM.

With the reservation of a seat I hope that I can receive a recording of the webinar.

Wishing you all an interesting and successful webinar.

--Resa

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hello @Resa,

We do try to move the times of our webinars around to accomodate different time zones. Yes, as a registered attendee, you will receive a post-event email with a link to the recording of this event. You can also find it listed here in the community about one week after the event.

Thanks for your interest in our SUGA events. And thank you for using SAS Support Communities.

Best,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

Hi Resa,

I can imagine it being a challenge to find a globally convenient time considering the day time (or even business time) overlap is very small. If it's any consolation, the webinar is 6-7am for us in Brisbane, Australia. I'm sure the webinar recording will be welcomed for those that aren't able to make the live event or for viewing again afterwards. Smiley Happy

Kind Regards,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @MichelleHomes

That is sooo much a consolation, prefer staying up late to getting up so early anyday Smiley Happy

With my post I just wanted to indicate that I am interested in the webinar but just not sure whether I would indeed be present.

Cheers,

--Resa

MichelleHomes
Meteorite | Level 14

lol @Resa I know how much of a morning person you are! Smiley Wink

Your point is valid though with trying to find a time-zone friendly time. I find most of the US led webinars are between 2 and 5am in the morning here. I'm grateful there is a recording for ones I haven't woken up for.

Cheers,

Michelle

//Contact me to learn how Metacoda software can help keep your SAS platform secure - https://www.metacoda.com
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

First let me indicate that I fully understand that it is impossible to find a timeslot that suits everyone anywhere in the world.

What I tried to indicate is that people may be very interested in a webinar but now do not register since they can not be present during the webinar itself. @ShelleySessoms could or may it be an idea to, besides the current option to reserve a seat, indicate that you are interested in the webinar but do not neat a seat.

Because personally I think it is somewhat impolite to reserve a seat and than not show up and therefor I choose not to register or .... as in this case .... give a heads up that I may not show.

Maybe it also gives you an idea of the number of people interested in the topic and the number of people who are interested and will actually attend.

Kind regards,

--Resa

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thanks for your input @Resa. Perhaps we can rephrase the invitation to simply indicate interest, as opposed to attendance. Though, since these are virtual events, the aspect of taking up a seat isn't a huge issue.

And, as @MichelleHomes noted, we do try to move the times around to accomodate as many people as possible. We typically get about a 40-50% attendance rate for our virtual SUGA events. So we certainly hope the remaining folks view the archived version at their convenience.

Thank you for your interest in SUGA and for giving us something to think about in terms of our invites. I hope the next event is better suited to your time zone. Have a wonderful day!

Best,

Shelley

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

@ShelleySessoms thank you for your prompt and kind reply.

Although I realize that "taking seats" in a virtual event has less impact than with a real life event I can imagine that giving a virtual presentation to no listeners is also no joy.

With the current attendence rate I think the time slot picked is not bad at all and suits many.

Slightly rephrasing the invitation might lower - at least for me - the threshold to indicate my interest.

Regards,

--Resa

SteveSAS
Calcite | Level 5
This is a great Webinar. Thank you all! I was wondering that would the mentioned docs posted here?
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Hi @SteveSAS,

Yes, I will post the documents as a comment to this message and also create a new message with the Q&A responses, on-demand link and slides.

Thanks for tuning in to the webinar!

Shelley

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thank you to all who attended the Dec. 6 webinar. You can find the article containing the Q&A, the link to view the archived session and the slides here.

We are currently planning another virtual event for Q1 2017. We hope to "see" you then.

ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

We do have another SUGA webinar planned for March 16. The content and registration information will be posted this week.

Thanks for your interest,

Shelley

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 6 in conversation