BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
littley
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi All,

Recently we promoted metadata content from 9.3 to 9.4. In the import log we got couple of errors and some warnings. Here are they:

For all the stored process:

WARN - The following resources do not exist either on the target server or within the package file.
WARN - Missing resource: Source Code ("/home/sassrv/warehouse/so/getrun/jmppoc/Final_DI_JOB_V1_SP.sas") for Stored process "/GET/Data Integration/User Transforms/POC/Final_DI_JOB_V1_SP".

For Information map OLAP cube:

INFO - Processing import of information map "InformationMap.OLAP Dependancy Cube Info Map A5GYYIE4.AX000072".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "DQ Dependency (Cube)", with name of "DQ Dependency".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "DQ_DEPENDENCY_KEYN (Measure)", with name of "DQ_DEPENDENCY_KEYN".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "Child Table (Dimension)", with name of "Child Table".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "Parent Table (Dimension)", with name of "Parent Table".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "Parent Table (Hierarchy)", with name of "Parent Table".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "Subject_Area (Hierarchy)", with name of "Subject_Area".
WARN - Unable to find replacement for "Table (Hierarchy)", with name of "Table".
INFO - Replacing Measure DQ_DEPENDENCY_KEYN with resource DQ_DEPENDENCY_KEYN within information map.
INFO - Replacing Dimension Child Table with resource Child Table within information map.
INFO - Replacing Dimension Parent Table with resource Parent Table within information map.
INFO - Replacing Hierarchy Parent Table with resource Parent Table within information map.
INFO - Replacing Hierarchy Subject_Area with resource Subject_Area within information map.
INFO - Replacing Hierarchy Table with resource Table within information map.
WARN - Cube DQ Dependency is not built.

Error:

ERROR - Error updating metadata for job "New Job 64540".  Reason Array index out of range: 0

ERROR - An error occurred during the import process.  Reason: java.lang.NullPointerException

Can anyone help in resolving these issues?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You'll probably find it easier just to re-create the stored process, OLAP cube and batch job from scratch in 9.4 than trying to figure out what went wrong migrating the metadata.

In my experience this can happen quite a lot if the new SAS environment isn't exactly the same as the old one.

littley
Fluorite | Level 6
But, the both environments are exactly same but on different hardware
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well with your stored process error SAS is saying there is a missing SAS program in the required 9.4 folder. Have you confirmed if this program is there or not?

Also clearly your SAS software is now a different version and that may be causing some of your issues. Changes in metadata architecture between versions can sometimes cause problems.

littley
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have cleared warnings related to stored processes. But I have two errors remaining

error updating metadata for job. reason array index out of range: 0

an error occured during the import process. reason: java.lang.NullpointerException

I'm not able to resolve them.

Thanks

SASKiwi
PROC Star

I have also struck similar messages. If all migrated metadata objects are now working OK such errors can be ignored.

littley
Fluorite | Level 6

OK. Thank you

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I would suggest reviewing "Promotion Details for Specific Object Types" found in the SAS Intelligence Platform System Administration Guide:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1f9181cn1d545n1odu6...

There are some considerations for specific object types including OLAP cubes:

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/bisag/68240/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n1f9181cn1d545n1odu6...

For the stored process issue, it looks like you did not choose to include the external source code in the package.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation