BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

SAS ersion - 9.4 M5 on linux. 

I took a complete backup of the /opt/sas folders from metadata and compute server and tried setting up the IWA for mid-tier applications (web clients). Our metdata and midtier are on the same server and compute on a different server.

After following the steps from the documentation for setting up SSO for web clients and restarting the SAS services, I am now unable to even launch SAS Environment Manager. I am getting a "HTTP status 404 - Not found " error. I then tried to restore everything under /opt/sas/config/midtier/Lev1/Web from the backup that I took, since that's where all the changes to the configuration were made. I am still getting the same 404 error. How can I restore the SAS EVM now? Should I try and restore everything under /opt/sas? 

Also what logs should I check for SAS Environment Manager? When there is an issue, where should I first check for any debugging?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13
Could you please share which documentation you have followed?
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

@Anand_V  - Here is the doc that I followed, along with the SAS general documentation. 

https://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings16/SAS3720-2016.pdf

Also , I found the logs for SAS EVM where the error is mentioned. The Environment manager was working fine until I set up the IWA. I am wondering how even after restoring back to what the configuration was, it is not working. 

27-02-2020 22:44:12,100 CST ERROR [tomcat-http--17] [com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.web.providers.AbstractAuthenticationClientProvider@252] Log-on destination could not be found
com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.client.LogonFailureException: Unable to logon user: sasevs@saspw (server not responding) <!doctype html><html lang="en"><head><title>HTTP Status 404 – Not Found</title><style type="text/css">h1 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:22px;} h2 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:16px;} h3 {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;font-size:14px;} body {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:black;background-color:white;} b {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;color:white;background-color:#525D76;} p {font-family:Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;background:white;color:black;font-size:12px;} a {color:black;} a.name {color:black;} .line {height:1px;background-color:#525D76;border:none;}</style></head><body><h1>HTTP Status 404 – Not Found</h1><hr class="line" /><p><b>Type</b> Status Report</p><p><b>Message</b> /SASLogon/v1/tickets</p><p><b>Description</b> The origin server did not find a current representation for the target resource or is not willing to disclose that one exists.</p><hr class="line" /><h3>Pivotal tc Runtime 3.2.5.RELEASE/8.5.13.B.RELEASE</h3></body></html>
at com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationClient.doLogon(AuthenticationClient.java:188)
at com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationClient.logon(AuthenticationClient.java:151)
at com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationClient.logon(AuthenticationClient.java:231)
at com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.client.AuthenticationClient.logon(AuthenticationClient.java:122)
at com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.web.providers.UsernamePasswordCasAuthenticationProvider.getAuthenticationClient(UsernamePasswordCasAuthenticationProvider.java:22)
at com.sas.svcs.security.authentication.web.providers.AbstractAuthenticationClientProvider.authenticate(AbstractAuthenticationClientProvider.java:247)
at com.sas.hyperic.security.UsernamePasswordCasAuthenticationProvider.authenticate(UsernamePasswordCasAuthenticationProvider.java:45)
at org.springframework.security.authentication.ProviderManager.authenticate(ProviderManager.java:156)
at org.springframework.security.web.authentication.www.BasicAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(BasicAuthenticationFilter.java:168)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.context.SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextPersistenceFilter.java:87)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:342)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilterInternal(FilterChainProxy.java:192)
at org.springframework.security.web.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:160)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:343)
at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:260)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:192)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:165)
at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.support.OpenSessionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenSessionInViewFilter.java:230)

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

I checked the link and it has general reference to the normal SAS Web applications. EVM works a bit differently and most of it's config is under <sas-config>/Lev1/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/server-5.8.0-EE/hq-engine/hq-server/.

You will have to make similar changes you did SASServerX_X for EVM as well.

This could get quite complex based on number of steps involved. I would suggest you to raise a SAS Support track to see if they have documented steps on to perform these changes.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation