BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hello All,

I am trying to delete a folder which contains SAS Visual Analytics data query which has empty output tables queries. While deleting it is showing as Exception Ocuured while deleting data query : Reason Java.lang.NullPointerException . I have all the unrestricted permissions but still not able to delete this folder. Need to know is there any other way to delete this .

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anja
SAS Employee

Hi Sandeep,

a few questions:

Is this one of the per default created VA libs/folders or one that you created?

Did you delete the tables/library first before attempting to delete the Folder?

Another thing to check is that the libs/tables in the Lib Manager plug-in do not have any individual permissions set

up. Permissions can only be set on the Folders.

Where is the VA folder located? Was it created right under SAS Folders, or SHARED, or ..?

Is this the entire error message or is there anything else shown?

This is a long shot, but, if you can, would you be willing to restart the LASR and see if that's solving the problem?

I am wondering if something's cashed.

Thanks

Anja

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

That Java error message points to an internal problem of the Management Console, and rather not to a conceptual mistake you made. Open a track with SAS technical support.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

One reason why this might occur is your SMC doesn't have all the required plug-ins to support managing SAS VA content. Try using SMC on your SAS VA mid-tier or metadata server. Do you get the same problem?

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hello ,

I have tried deleting that folder from SASSMC from middle tier ,but now it throws a different error as 500 Internal Server Error. 

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

anja
SAS Employee

Hi Sandeep,

a few questions:

Is this one of the per default created VA libs/folders or one that you created?

Did you delete the tables/library first before attempting to delete the Folder?

Another thing to check is that the libs/tables in the Lib Manager plug-in do not have any individual permissions set

up. Permissions can only be set on the Folders.

Where is the VA folder located? Was it created right under SAS Folders, or SHARED, or ..?

Is this the entire error message or is there anything else shown?

This is a long shot, but, if you can, would you be willing to restart the LASR and see if that's solving the problem?

I am wondering if something's cashed.

Thanks

Anja

sandeep_reddy
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Anja,

This folder is imported froma sas package from lower environment which has all SAS VA data queries.

I am able to delete the tables and other jobs which are not related to SAS VA data queries.

I have set up all permissions on the folder . This folder is located in shared folders.

The error message was too short which i have posted earlier.

I have tried to restart the LASR servers ,but still not working.

Thanks & Regards,

Sandeep.o

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @sandeep_reddy,

besides the great instructions and question dropped by @anja, let me drop a couple of questions as well:

- are you able to export a data query from this server?

- are you able to validate the SAS content Server?

Generally you might find those kind of messages due to a "hidden" (aka mis-handled) java error/exception, that you cannot see at this moment. This is often solved by installing the Public Types of VA (if you cannot export data queries) or importing the SSL certificates of your VA server into the SASPrivateJRE of your SMC installation (on either of the 2 cases mentioned above).

In any case, I would suggest you to enable debug mode on SMC: http://support.sas.com/kb/43/157.html This should allow us to see more details on the java error.

I hope this addtion might help to solve the problem.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 in conversation