BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.

Hi

Can anyone tell me how to find out the Space allocated to SAS WorkSpace server?

As for as i know the Work library is defined on Config (.cfg) file.

i dont have access to view the .cfg file to check.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

as a quick addition of the df and quota commands provided by @Kurt_Bremser (this will give you the information about disk space on the volumes):

- the du command over a folder will give you the file and folder sizes of the elements on that parent folder.

- besides work, you might want to give a look to UTILLOC (by default, the same location as SASWORK), and the SASUSER folders (on unix OS the /home/user folders) which migh have quotas too.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

you can run a 

%put _ALL_;
run;

the search for the SASWORK.

Regards,

Juan

santosh_pat69
Quartz | Level 8

Hi Juan,

Thank you !!!

I would like to know the total space alloted on the Server to SAS Workspace Server.

by using the above we can only get the details for a SAS Session.

SASKiwi
PROC Star

The best way is to get access to the SAS Workspace server folders via the OS using either network shares or a server remote login. Talk to your SAS administrator if you don't currently have access.

If your SAS sessions let you use X to do OS commands from within SAS then it is also possible to do it this way as well but its very clunky.

santosh_pat69
Quartz | Level 8

Hi

Thank you for the suggestions.

Please let me know wht X commands are to be used?

Regards

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What OS does your SAS App server run on? With Windows doing a Properties on the folder in Windows Explorer is the easiest way.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

@santosh_pat69 wrote:

Hi

Thank you for the suggestions.

Please let me know wht X commands are to be used?

Regards

This depends on

a) your server operating system

b) if you have quotas enabled on the filesystem where WORK resides

As an example, on UNIX

df -k filesystem

will give you the size and free space of a filesystem in KB

But if you have quotas enabled, you should also check your personal quota with

quota -u

(AIX example)

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

as a quick addition of the df and quota commands provided by @Kurt_Bremser (this will give you the information about disk space on the volumes):

- the du command over a folder will give you the file and folder sizes of the elements on that parent folder.

- besides work, you might want to give a look to UTILLOC (by default, the same location as SASWORK), and the SASUSER folders (on unix OS the /home/user folders) which migh have quotas too.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation