01-18-2015 01:48 AM
when i try to connect to the profile I get the following error:
"The application could not log on to the server. No server is available at that port on that machine".
Can someone help me or had this problem before? I also add the attachment.
01-18-2015 06:15 AM
- correct port number according installation
- the machine "rafal-note" is the name of your server- side machine
- You are in the same network-domain with your client as the server
- There are no firewalls actice with network domain segregations blocking it all (use open telnet like client)
There is only an attempt to reach the metadataserver. This attempt is failed.
You will not able to find anything in a SAS server side log because it never got unto that.
The last option with loggings is activate that for the client / at the SMC part. You can follow the attempts and failures at that part.
01-19-2015 02:01 AM
No server logs will help you here, because no attempt to communicate with a server application has been made at all.
So you have to check
- is the servername correct? Do a ping with that name.
- if that works, check (or have checked) what is listening on the port 8561 there (using netstat)
01-19-2015 02:08 AM
SMC is not communicating with the spawner during login - so that step can be omitted.
And of course obvious (and may therefore not spoken out here yet), make sure that the metadata server is up and running.
Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.