BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Wesley
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I've got a HP Compaq with a core I5 running Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1.  SAS 9.3 TS Level 1M0 has just been installed on it.  I've run PROC SETINIT and it shows that SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle is licensed with an expiration date of 31DEC2012.

Problem, when I execute the libname statement it tells me that the Oracle engine cannot be found.  Is this referring to the Oracle client?  Because that is installed in: C:\oracle\product\10.2.0\client_1

I'm not sure just what exactly is not being found or how to proceed to get around this.

Thanks,

Wesley

Okay, I thought I would provide an update.

SAS/ACCESS Interface for Oracle was not installed.

Once that was installed I got the 32 bit/64 bit mismatch error.  I looked for the Oracle Client.  All I kept finding was the Instant Client.  That's not what I needed.  I finally found that it is referred to as OCI (Oracle Client Interface).  It's located under the database server download (currently Oracle DataBase 11g release 2).  You have to select the "see all" option for the version of the client you are looking for (Microsoft Windows (x64) in my case).  So the 64 bit client version 11.2.0 is working fine for me.  Read the install directions.  You should  only need to install the "client" and "runtime"

I'm not the SAS administrator.  I am the user.  The administrator installed SAS and the modules I needed but refused to help beyond that, very frustrating.  So it was up to me to trouble shoot the problem and fix it with no assistance from the SAS administrator.  Did I ask for help?  Yes. /end rant

I would like to thank SASKiwi and Paul Homes for their help.  Their responses helped direct my search and I didn't know that SAS would show the product was licensed but would not tell you if it was installed.

Thanks, I hope my update will help some one in the future.

Wes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Wesley
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the responses.  After some some more discussion here at work. I was informed that: Yes, SAS/ACCESS was licensed but not installed on my computer (?) Okay, so now it's installed as per our SAS administrator.  So, you've seen this before?  I am in the local admin group for my PC.

I'm getting a different error now (progress).

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA found but not

loadable..

Please make sure Oracle environment is set correctly.

Look in the install/Config doc for additional info for your platform.

Other possible reasons - incomplete Oracle client install, 32/64-bit mismatch between Oracle client &

SAS, incorrect Oracle client version(Oracle client must match the version picked during

post-install process), incompatible sasora for your OS or its attribs don't permit SAS to load

it.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I was on travel Wed, Thurs, Fri.  I came in today (Sunday) to see what I will have to deal with on Monday.

I search for Oracle client 64 bit and get some choices.  As for my version of SAS, when I bring up the "Help->About SAS 9" it says "SAS 9.3 TS Level 1M0" next line "X64_7PRO platform" then it goes on about the OS and Hardware info.

Thanks,

Wes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Please post your SAS log including error messages. There are many SAS notes on this topic and it will help us to help you if you provide this detail.

One possibility might be this: http://support.sas.com/kb/46/630.html

You don't mention if your SAS 9.3 is 32-bit or 64-bit. Your Oracle client must match the "bitness" of SAS.

Wesley
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

The next line in the About SAS 9 window is "SAS 9.3 TS 1M0" next line "X64_7PRO platform".  As I mentioned in my reply to Paul, (he was right) SAS/ACCESS Interface to Oracle was licensed but not installed.  It is now installed and I'm getting a new error.  Which I won't repost here but it is pasted in my reply to Paul.

New job, I was on travel Wed, Thurs, Fri.

So, are you from New Zealand?  I see the Kiwi in your handle.

Thanks,

Wes

SASKiwi
PROC Star

Thanks for the kind comments and I'm glad you have finally got it working. Yes I live in New Zealand, one of a number of Kiwis I know contribute to this forum. I happen to know Paul is from Australia, so you got your help from Downunder!

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Is it perhaps the issue described in SAS Usage Note 41034: "Error: Connection to Oracle not found" when using SAS/ACCESS® Interface to Or... ?  If that doesn't help can you copy and paste the error text from the SAS log.  In addition to the Oracle client being installed you also need the SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE product to be installed.  It is possible to have it licensed and show up in the setinit but not have the software component installed.  I can't quite remember the exact wording of the error in that situation but if you paste you error message that are getting it would help to track it down.

Wesley
Fluorite | Level 6

Thanks for the responses.  After some some more discussion here at work. I was informed that: Yes, SAS/ACCESS was licensed but not installed on my computer (?) Okay, so now it's installed as per our SAS administrator.  So, you've seen this before?  I am in the local admin group for my PC.

I'm getting a different error now (progress).

ERROR: The SAS/ACCESS Interface to ORACLE cannot be loaded. ERROR: Image SASORA found but not

loadable..

Please make sure Oracle environment is set correctly.

Look in the install/Config doc for additional info for your platform.

Other possible reasons - incomplete Oracle client install, 32/64-bit mismatch between Oracle client &

SAS, incorrect Oracle client version(Oracle client must match the version picked during

post-install process), incompatible sasora for your OS or its attribs don't permit SAS to load

it.

ERROR: Error in the LIBNAME statement.

I was on travel Wed, Thurs, Fri.  I came in today (Sunday) to see what I will have to deal with on Monday.

I search for Oracle client 64 bit and get some choices.  As for my version of SAS, when I bring up the "Help->About SAS 9" it says "SAS 9.3 TS Level 1M0" next line "X64_7PRO platform" then it goes on about the OS and Hardware info.

Thanks,

Wes

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation