BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ScottBass
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Hi,

We're upgrading from SAS 9.3/Windows Server 2008 to SAS9.4/Windows Server 2012.

I know that Tanuki Java Service Wrapper have changed their licensing such that the 64-bit wrapper.exe is no longer free.

SAS are using the 32-bit community edition wrapper for a number of their Java web applications, even on 64-bit Windows.

Are there any performance implications with this approach?  I assume no, unless a Java web application required > 4GB of memory, but just want to confirm.

Thanks...

Please post your question as a self-contained data step in the form of "have" (source) and "want" (desired results).
I won't contribute to your post if I can't cut-and-paste your syntactically correct code into SAS.
1 REPLY 1
jakarman
Barite | Level 11

Interesting question as the xmx option

- SAS/GRAPH(R) 9.2: Graph Template Language Reference, Second Edition

- http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appsrvtuning/66878/PDF/default/appsrvtuning.pdf

- 42904 - 'java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space' when running a SAS® Data Integration Studio jo...

- and others  (many times)

Is mentioned to be increased as out of memory conditions.

This changes the question to the one. SAS applications can run with a limited amount of memory.

Using those SAS applications you have to specify the upper limit for your application. Can you run your applications with that limited amount of memory      

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation