Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

Submitting Jobs to Specific Grid Nodes

Occasional Contributor

Submitting Jobs to Specific Grid Nodes

Hello, I have a few nodes in my grid.  How can I, when I run a SASGSUB, specify which node to run the batch job on?  As of now, I have to either close the hosts, or nodes, except the one I want to run SASGSUB speciflcally. I'm still in a testing mode with my Grid. Is there a SASGSUB syntax I can use to choose which host/node to run my job on?  Do I need to create a queue that only runs on a specific host/node? Thank you for you help.

SAS Employee

Re: Submitting Jobs to Specific Grid Nodes

As you say, you could definite machine-specific queues.

You can also define a machine-specific resource on each machine, and then specify that resource name in the reqres job option when submitting a job.  There may be a way to simply pass a machine's name in the resources requested string of the reqres option, but I didn't find it after a quick scan of doc.  The reqres job option is covered here.  For more information, please consult the Platform LSF Reference documentation.

Trusted Advisor

[ Edited ]

Hi @kcpython,

besides the GRID-specific options (very powerful), you yocould make use of SAS/CONNECT. With rsubmit you can submit jobs to the node you require. Are you familiar with SAS/CONNECT?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/69581/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p12j8b6w2nuxpon15x...

Occasional Contributor

Posted in reply to JuanS_OCS

We have SAS/CONNECT, but I am not familiar with it.  Is rsubmit done in a SAS session or on the command line?

SAS Super FREQ

Ask a Question
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation