BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I have a few nodes in my grid.  How can I, when I run a SASGSUB, specify which node to run the batch job on?  As of now, I have to either close the hosts, or nodes, except the one I want to run SASGSUB speciflcally. I'm still in a testing mode with my Grid. Is there a SASGSUB syntax I can use to choose which host/node to run my job on?  Do I need to create a queue that only runs on a specific host/node? Thank you for you help.

4 REPLIES 4
Mark_sas
SAS Employee

As you say, you could definite machine-specific queues.

You can also define a machine-specific resource on each machine, and then specify that resource name in the reqres job option when submitting a job.  There may be a way to simply pass a machine's name in the resources requested string of the reqres option, but I didn't find it after a quick scan of doc.  The reqres job option is covered here.  For more information, please consult the Platform LSF Reference documentation.

Register today and join us virtually on June 16!
sasglobalforum.com | #SASGF

View now: on-demand content for SAS users

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @kcpython,

besides the GRID-specific options (very powerful), you yocould make use of SAS/CONNECT. With rsubmit you can submit jobs to the node you require. Are you familiar with SAS/CONNECT?

http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/connref/69581/HTML/default/viewer.htm#p12j8b6w2nuxpon15x...

kcpython
Obsidian | Level 7

We have SAS/CONNECT, but I am not familiar with it.  Is rsubmit done in a SAS session or on the command line?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation