BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello,

Can I use the same instructions to start the SAS services during boot? 

https://communities.sas.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/library/article-id/1448

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
alexal
SAS Employee

@RupaJ,

Please open a technical support track and my manager, who created this tool, will be able to assist you.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello @alexal - Apologize for the delay and thanks much for the inputs. I just got to try them. So when I downloaded the script and installed the "Management of multi-tiered SAS services for Unix/Linux deployments V3" , I don't see the file " multi-tier-MCM-94-production.cfg", instead see SAS_lsm.cfg-template. Now the way "SAS_lsm.cfg-template" works is , I will have to provide the tier number to start/stop and that beats the purpose. 

./SAS_lsm -o -c SAS_lsm.cfg-template
<<ERROR>> unreadable configuration file [] in [/opt/sas/utilities]

<<USAGE>> [bash | sh] SAS_lsm [-a <NUM> | -o <NUM> | -s] -c <CFG> [-e]

WHERE
-a NUM start deployment tier services from tier NUM to MAXTIERS
-o NUM stop deployment tier services from MAXTIERS to tier NUM
-s provide status of all deployment tier services
-c CFG specify configuration file
-e optionally extract potential tier error logs to a centralized location under !STATUSROOT/!CFG/

NOTE
-a, -o, and -s options are not to be run concurrently

and when I run ./SAS_lsm -o 3 -c SAS_lsm.cfg-template, it stops only the mid-tier and doesn't proceed further. How to I get the multi-tier-MCM-94-production.cfg template. Looks like that's what works. 

alexal
SAS Employee

@RupaJ,

Please open a technical support track and my manager, who created this tool, will be able to assist you.

RupaJ
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Thanks @alexal. I will do that. 

clmeye
SAS Employee

Assisted!  There is support for targeted start and stop in SAS_lsm version 3.0 (available via SASNote 58231).  This requires that you specify the tier number that you would like to start from (-a option) or stop to (-o option):

<<USAGE>> [bash | sh] SAS_lsm [-a <NUM> | -o <NUM> | -s] -c <CFG> [-e]

Example given, I have an active three tiered deployment (metadata - 1, compute - 2, middle - 3)  and need to address a compute tier issue.  Since the metadata tier tier is unaffected. let's keep it running:

To stop:      bash SAS_lsm -o 2 ... (stop tier 3 then tier 2)

To restart:  bash SAS_lsm -a 2 ... (starts tier 2 then tier 3)

Regards

Cliff

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation