BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RussellNonBrand
Calcite | Level 5

Good Morning,

I just started at a new company, and I have 9.3 on my computer, however for most processing I use remote desktop to connect to a server in another state, and run 9.3 via that.  I have all the drives from that server mapped onto my local machine, so I would like to set up my local copy to be able to submit the process on the remote machine.

After doing some googling, it seems SAS/Connect is what I need to do this - is this correct?  If anyone has any information about how I can go about setting this up, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

--Russell    

1 REPLY 1
OS2Rules
Obsidian | Level 7

Here is what i (we) did:

Install SAS/Connect on the remote (UNIX) system.  Then install the Spawner on that system.

see: http://support.sas.com/techsup/technote/ts676.html

Once that is done, you can allocate the remote libraries on your local system using a LIBNAME with server= and run you code on the local system with access to all the remote data.

If that is not the way you want to go - once the remote system has the spawner on it, you can connect from your local system to the remote system through the spawner.  Then you can take a block of code on the local system and use "RSUBMIT" (remote submit) to submit it to be run on the remote system.

Hope this helps.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation