BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hello All,

I'm facing this issue after the last week,

after restarting services, it is taking too much time to up the VA and other web apps,

Is there any parameter in SAS configuatoin files, so i can allocate more memory to start the services,

because it usually take 40-45 minutes to start the services;

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks all for suggestions, We found the issue, Service was taking that much time because Audit_table size was increased (SAS Tech Support gave this reason), They connected to SAS EV Manager Database and after some changes, Again startup time reduced to 40-45 minutes; Thanks all for your help 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

first, I would suggest to give a look on the logs. I understand your problem is only on the SAS Web Application Servers, not on the metadata or compute.

Secondly, I would suggest you to use the SAS Environment Manager, jmeter or even the Java console, to know the status of your Pooled Threads, open Connections and the Java Memory heap size. You might need to extend your memory setings for the java machine (probably on SASServer1_1 only). Give a look into the guide for Tuning for Performance and Scalability of the SAS Web Applications on 9.4: https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/appsrvtuning/68923/PDF/default/appsrvtuning.pdf

Do you have the Audit reports enabled on VA? Maybe you need to clean/archive/purge the EVM datamart.http://blogs.sas.com/content/sgf/2016/01/26/going-visual-analytics-audit-data-archiving/

ballardw
Super User

Another thing to look at when a recurring job suddenly changes behavior, assuming the data load is similar, would be to see what SYSTEM changes may have happened.

You mention "after restarting services". I would look to see if any of the settings affecting those services changed and also if your IT people made any changes that kicked in with the restart. I have come into work and had SAS not work at all because our IT department completely trashed my registry overnight.

angian
SAS Employee

Verify that the startStopThreads parameter is set to 0 in SASServerx_1/conf/server.xml

This will use all the cores available on the server.  Sometimes this value is set to just 1.

Kalind_Patel
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Thanks all for suggestions, We found the issue, Service was taking that much time because Audit_table size was increased (SAS Tech Support gave this reason), They connected to SAS EV Manager Database and after some changes, Again startup time reduced to 40-45 minutes; Thanks all for your help 🙂
ShelleySessoms
Community Manager

Thanks for letting the community know what worked based on tech supports' suggestion. I appreciate the follow up, so it may help others.

It's time to register for SAS Innovate! Join your SAS user peers in Las Vegas on April 16-19 2024.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 5 in conversation