BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Alok_Pal
Quartz | Level 8

Hi there,

We have several Data Integration ETL job deployed and schedule to run daily, weekly and monthly. I was just wonder if there is a way to get the report out of SAS that would give me at least the following information,

• Name of ETL job
  • Job start time
  • Job finish time
  • Total run time
  • Status indicator (failure/success)

I would like to get the report out on daily basis. Upon my initial research I found a SAS code that gives me information like FlowName, JobName, and TriggerEvent (i.e. job start time) but it doesn't says anything about Job Finish Time, Total time, or Status of job as it is extracting a static information and not really looking into logs for information.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Alok_Pal

I work for a dedicated SAS Parner and we recognize your needs and as such our company has created a Job Monitor that will give real time information on jobs that have completed, are currently running and future scheduled jobs based on information in the metadata and information from LSF. It has a web interface that will provide information on when the job started, how long it is/has been running and also provides information on how the current run time compares to completed runs in the past (of course the latter only when statistics have been collected).

The latest version of our Job Monitor is freely available from GitHub and is shared under the GNU 3 license.

Unfortunately we do not have a video available for the latest version, but you can get an impression of an earlier version of the Job Monitor in this video.

--Resa

Alok_Pal
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @Resa,

I appreciate your prompt response. I did looked at the video and I am excited to get it to work. Could you please provide some documentation or some information on how to configure or install it and get it to work. We have SAS running on multiple linux nodes.

Thanks again for your help.

Alok

Resa
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi @Alok_Pal,

Sorry for the delay in reply, but we were in the process of promoting the latest version on GitHub.

You will find installation instructions for the EOM DI Job Monitor on this page.

If you have any questions, feel free to either contact me here or sent me an email.

Kind regards,

--Resa

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation