BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
DarrylLawrence
Obsidian | Level 7
I am trying to schedule a flow in SAS Management Console. I added a calendar event/time but when I click on the schedule button I get an error message: Scheduling of "Coll_SMS" failed ("com.sas.scheduler.model.SchedulerException:LSFCalendar.UnableToSaveCalendarToServer.txt Saving of metadata information for "Coll_SMS" failed')
4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @DarrylLawrence, Darryl,

instead of creating a calendar with SMC, I would rather recommend you to create it with the tool named Calendar Editor. This will create the appropriate calendar file and will make it available for SMC, so you can select it to schedule any flow.

So, in short, probably better to keep calendar creation and flow scheduling separate, calendar on Calendar Editor and Flow Scheduling on SMC. That is what I do. 

Of course, you will need the permissions on the calendars folder, to generate the appropriate file (calendar).

DarrylLawrence
Obsidian | Level 7
Hello Jaun

I am creating the calendar in Calendar Editor.

[cid:image001.jpg@01D369F4.50E889F0]

[cid:image002.jpg@01D369F4.50E889F0]
[cid:image003.png@01D369F4.50E889F0]

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello Darryl,

sorry, I cannot see your 3 screenshots/images. Can you?

I am a bit confused, please help me out: where are you getting that error? In (IBM) Calendar Editor or (SAS) Management Console?

Also, did you check that part regarding permissions on the calendars folder?

SASKiwi
PROC Star

My understanding is that you have to be set up as an LSF administrator to be able to add calendar events, although this requirement may only apply to the system calendar. In any case I'd recommend making all calendar events SYSTEM so they can be shared across all LSF users.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation