BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
brendanb
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I am trying to configure SVN for DI Studio. I have the plugin enabled and I am able to connect to a local SVN repository. When I try to connect to SVN server on another host/server I get "Failed to connect to server". I am able to open URL to this server sucessfully via browser. Any ideas as to why I cannot connect to SVN on a different host. I am thinking is has something to with secure login or NTLM but I cannot say for sure or not sure where to check for more detaiol on the error.

Many thanks,

Brendan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
brendanb
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thanks a stack man, that set me off in the right direction. I initially tried all the protocols, no luck. Did not know where the DI log was (tx). using SVN as protocol. Also, was told to use port 80, worked fine with 3690. And instead of using the IP, I used the dns name.

Thnaks again.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

SAS tech support...?

Data never sleeps
SASKiwi
PROC Star

You should check with your IT network guys to ensure that the TCP/IP ports you are using are open and there are no firewall rules blocking traffic.

PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Which connection type are you using for the remote server? SVN, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS?

Are there any error messages in the SAS Data Integration Studio client log file? On my machine that log file is in the directory %APPDATA%\SAS\SASDataIntegrationStudio\4.901\DataIntegrationStudio_Log.txt (e.g. C:\Users\USERID\AppData\Roaming\SAS\SASDataIntegrationStudio\4.901\DataIntegrationStudio_Log.txt). You should at least see the svn.exe command line printed with the connection data when you test it. e.g.

C:\Program Files\CollabNet\Subversion Client\svn.exe info --username user --password pass HTTPS://example.com:443/svn/reponame

What happens if you run the same svn command in a command window? Do you get any error messages printed there?

brendanb
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, thanks a stack man, that set me off in the right direction. I initially tried all the protocols, no luck. Did not know where the DI log was (tx). using SVN as protocol. Also, was told to use port 80, worked fine with 3690. And instead of using the IP, I used the dns name.

Thnaks again.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation