Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SQL Server views can be seen, but not for use, after been registered by Management Console

Accepted Solution Solved
Respected Advisor
Accepted Solution

SQL Server views can be seen, but not for use, after been registered by Management Console

Dear Friends,

Now I have ODBC connections to several SQL server database, Using Management Console I have built some libraries  and "successfully" registered with both tables and views. The displayed libname statement is as following:

LIBNAME T_SQL ODBC DATASRC=SQLDATA1 SCHEMA=DBO USER=XXX PASSWORD=XXX;

EG opens tables fine, but when try to open views (I can still see them), I got:

[Error] File SQLDATA1.VWXXX does not exist.

[Error] The metadata for the table/view  SQLDATA1.VWXXX does not exist.

Now is the puzzling part:  if I run the above libname statement using either Base or EG to define a library, views can be opened without issue. That hints pre-assigned option may work, but I want to avoid using pre-assigned setting unless it is absolutely necessary. So is it? is this the case that Meta engine can't have it covered?

Thank you in advance!

Haikuo

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎02-14-2013 09:11 AM
SAS Employee

Re: SQL Server views can be seen, but not for use, after been registered by Management Console

All Replies
Regular Contributor

Re: SQL Server views can be seen, but not for use, after been registered by Management Console

for base library if you don't want to go for pre-assigned - following options would be work for you

use SASApp as Assigned selected server

on extended attributes tab :

fieldname: Assign Mode

Value: 2

description: Metaout=data

this behavior make it possible to add, modify, and delete table within the library...for the clients i guess...

you would not go for SASMeta as a selected server as you want makes Base libraries available clients...

Solution
‎02-14-2013 09:11 AM
SAS Employee

Respected Advisor

Thank you for your answer. SAS Tech support did have referred this same note to us. Unfortunately for some reason the option 2-3 did not work, we had to do "pre-assign" for a while, until we upgraded to M2, then it is all good.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation