BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
kreg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am having a strange problem attempting to connect to Oracle using SAS 9.1 - connecting to an Oracle 11gR2 system - SAS 9.1 includes a hotfix that enables compatibility with Oracle 10g - we have this same setup working on many systems but for some reason on this particular system it is not working:

Note the error message:  ORALIB  Ôö

I am wondering if this is an Oracle exception coming back that is not getting displayed properly?  I can connect to the database using sqlplus so the problem is not on the database side. 

1 REPLY 1
kreg
Calcite | Level 5

Hello, posting back the solution.  I contacted SAS support and was pointed to this note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/14/862.html

In my case, the problem was that the people who installed Oracle installed 64 bit database software (other parts of the application require 64 bit oracle) version 11.2.0.1 and then also added 32-bit libraries necessary for SAS (as of Oracle 11gR2 the lib32 directory is no longer shipped with the 64 bit software) but with a version of 11.1.0.7.  This version discrepancy is the cause of the problem I asked about.

Just in case anyone finds this with the same problem I thought I'd post up the solution in my case.

Thanks!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 1 in conversation