BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
JonasNg
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, im using a demo account as of now but when i try to log in to the server to upload my workflow on the repository i can't seem to log in and a error message appears as follow" Logon fail, contact your system administrator to verify if you one of the workflow privilage

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

That sounds like it's because the user hasn't been assigned to one of the workflow roles:

• ROLE_WORKFLOW_ADMINISTRATOR (Workflow Administrator Role)
  • ROLE_WORKFLOW_VIEWER (Workflow Viewer Role)
  • ROLE_WORKFLOW_EDITOR (Workflow Editor Role)

This is managed using the SAS Web Administration Console (not in SAS Management Console where most other roles are managed).

You can find more info on this in the following documents:

1. SAS Workflow Studio 1.3: User's Guide: Deploying and Maintaining Workflows
  2. SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide: Using the SAS Web Administration Console, Managing Web Infrastructure Platform Privileges and Roles

I got that message when I used a demo user that wasn't in a workflow role and I was able to log in after I assigned them to a workflow role. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20
Demo account where? Who is responsible for the system you are trying to access?
Data never sleeps
PaulHomes
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

That sounds like it's because the user hasn't been assigned to one of the workflow roles:

• ROLE_WORKFLOW_ADMINISTRATOR (Workflow Administrator Role)
  • ROLE_WORKFLOW_VIEWER (Workflow Viewer Role)
  • ROLE_WORKFLOW_EDITOR (Workflow Editor Role)

This is managed using the SAS Web Administration Console (not in SAS Management Console where most other roles are managed).

You can find more info on this in the following documents:

1. SAS Workflow Studio 1.3: User's Guide: Deploying and Maintaining Workflows
  2. SAS 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Middle-Tier Administration Guide: Using the SAS Web Administration Console, Managing Web Infrastructure Platform Privileges and Roles

I got that message when I used a demo user that wasn't in a workflow role and I was able to log in after I assigned them to a workflow role. 

JonasNg
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Paulhomes. i solved it by going in to the SAS web administration console to grant me the premission needed.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation