BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Fred_Gavin
Calcite | Level 5

Dear All,

I am currently experiencing SAS 9.3, which I uninstalled SAS 9.2 -_-!!!.

Because all the programs and SAS datasets were created in SAS 9.2. So after I installed 9.3, the icons of those programs and datasets do not appear as they used to be.

All the icons are white, nth else.  Types of file are still SAS File and SAS Data Set.

Does anyone know whether there are some further configurations for this? 

Thank you very much.

Fred

5 REPLIES 5
Fred_Gavin
Calcite | Level 5

My classmate installed 9.3 in his new laptop, and everything's fine. The icons are the ones as usual.

So could it be the problem of 9.2 residual or the problem of migrating from 9.2 to 9.3?

Thanks.

Fred

Doc_Duke
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Fred,

You may want to call tech support on this one.  It may be an indication of an incomplete installation.

Alternatively, you might try to reset the file associations.  In 9.2 (under XP), you go to

start --> all programs --> sas --> sas 9.2 license & renewal utilities --> manage SAS file types

and check off which file types to associate with which application; that is easier than doing in in Control Panel.  I'd expect a similar tool in 9.3.

You also mentioned uninstalling 9.2.  9.2 is comprised of about 10 separate programs and uninstalling all of them is best. 

Doc Muhlbaier

Duke

Fred_Gavin
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for the reply.

1. Installation was completed, and all the ticks were green in the installation process.

2. I tried to use manage SAS files types. However when I tick or untick sth. and click OK, an error message appears.

3. Now I want to completedly uninstall SAS from my computer.

Could you please suggest me someway that I can uninstall it completedly as it never existed before?

So far I uninstalled all the SAS softwares, and use some tools to clean the registry associated with SAS.

However when I re-install the SAS, it still suggests the location whether the last one resided. However it should be C:/program file/SASHome, the location for a new installation in a computer.

As I mentioned before, my classmate installed 9.3 in his new laptop, and everything's fine.

Thanks and Regards

Fred

Fisher
Quartz | Level 8

32464 - Registering file types via the SAS File Type Management Tool for SAS® 9.2, SAS® 9.3, and SAS...

Make sure you have administrative privilege to your machine (otherwise you would get error message) and then re-start machine.

If you don't have administrative privilege, then you need to let you administrator to do it for you.

SusanParker
Calcite | Level 5

I was just playing around with his as I just uninstalled SAS 9.1.3 and installed 9.3 along side of 9.2. Luckily, I had another machine that I could go and look at.

C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.3\SASFoundation\9.3\core\resource\sasvft95.dll is where the icons live.  The first part of that path is likely different for you, but knowing the file name you can find the icons.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation