BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hello All,

From couple of months, I'm noticing SAS lifecyle listener (https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/n1kkie5kr3jqpmn1ob02kjn2ldjq.htm ) are not working for both operating systems Linux and Windows.

Is there a specific reason? I did research on internet but did not find any relevant information yet.

Thanks,
Asif

8 REPLIES 8
SASKiwi
PROC Star

It appears that feature is not implemented by default so it is quite possible it is not widely used. I'd suggest raising a track with SAS Tech Support in this issue. It's entirely possible that some site-specific issue could be causing this so Tech Support is your best bet. What "new SAS release" are you referring to? The doc says this feature was first implemented in SAS 9.4M2.

Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

I'm referring to SAS maintenance release M7 and ship event 940_22w08 and onwards

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
How are you determining it is not working?

Under SAS-configuration-directory\Levn\Web\WebAppServer\SASServern_m\conf\startup.prerequisities do you see the host/port combinations you are expecting the web application server to wait for?

Have you defined the listener in SAS-configuration-directory\Levn\Web\WebAppServer\SASServern_m\conf\server.xml?
--
Greg Wootton | Principal Systems Technical Support Engineer
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

Hi gwootton, thank you for your reply.

Yes I did check SAS-configuration-directory\Levn\Web\WebAppServer\SASServern_m\conf\startup.prerequisities file these are the values in it

# Prerequisite Servers
# timeouts are in seconds. cluster members have identical descriptions.
# host port timeout description
sas.abc.local 41415 60 SAS Cache Locator
sas.abc.local 9432 60 The database server for SharedServices
sas.abc.local 61616 60 SAS JMS Broker
sas.abc.local 7980 60 SAS Web Server

And yes I did add below lines for SAS lifecycle listener in SAS-configuration-directory\Levn\Web\WebAppServer\SASServern_m\conf\server.xml files 

<Listener className="com.sas.vfabrictcsvr.atomikos.AtomikosLifecycleListener"/>
<Listener className="com.sas.vfabrictcsvr.startup.PrerequisiteServerListener"/>

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
How are you determining this is not working?
--
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

In saswrapper.log file that is located under this directory <DriveLetter>\SAS\Config\Lev1\Web\WebAppServer\SASServerX_X\logs

I noticed these values in saswrapper.log file:

Configured prerequisite servers:
:# Prerequisite Servers
:# timeouts are in seconds. cluster members have identical descriptions.
:# host port timeout description
:sas.abc.local 41415 60 SAS Cache Locator
:sas.abc.local 9432 60 The database server for SharedServices
:sas.abc.local 61616 60 SAS JMS Broker
:sas.abc.local 7980 60 SAS Web Server
Begin server prerequisite checking at Tue May 10 13:21:51 EDT 2022
Prerequisite server status at Tue May 10 13:21:51 EDT 2022:
SAS Web Server is listening on port 7980 on sas.abc.local
SAS Cache Locator is listening on port 41415 on sas.abc.local
SAS JMS Broker is not ready on port 61616 on sas.abc.local
The database server for SharedServices is listening on port 9432 on sas.abc.local

And after reboot Windows server SASServerX_X services are not running.

Thanks,
Asif

gwootton
SAS Super FREQ
The prerequisite listener takes effect after the web application service is started. It pauses startup of the web application server pending the availability of those other services. If SASServerX_Y is not started, the listener does not control the starting of the service.
--
Asif4862
Quartz | Level 8

SAS TS responded and said that issue will be resolved in new SAS maintenance release M8.

But I need to test it and will update you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Asif

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation