BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Coa_sas
Calcite | Level 5

I have a question regarding automating SAS programs. I have a program in SAS I run weekly that uses SAS Autoexec process. I would like to fully automate this process by doing like a timed run on my computer; and if I move the process to someone else, would like to have it run on their computer on a weekly basis. Do I have SAS user rights to do something like this?

3 REPLIES 3
LeeHerman
SAS Employee

Hi,

Is your program running locally on your computer or are you just kicking it off from your computer to run on a SAS server? If local, each person would need a license for SAS on their own machine to run the program. If on a server, your organization likely has client licenses for the software that would be used to submit the program (such as SAS Enterprise Guide). Please provide a little more detail about your environment and it will be easier to give a more conclusive answer.

Thanks,

Lee

Coa_sas
Calcite | Level 5

I usually open the SAS program, it connects to SAS App server, the Autoexec prompt comes on to ask if I want to automatically run the entire program, I say yes, its done.

Ideally, I would like for the SAS program to run on my computer and connect to the server without me having to open up the program each week.

I can get rid of the auto prompt if timing this task to run on time each week.

Is this possible with my SAS user rights?

jakarman
Barite | Level 11

You autoexec prompt is one coming from the autoexec flow in Eguide. That one is living interactive with you Eguide project start.
Scheduling batch jobs on a server is about organizing your code on the server and have that run on your server. As your seever administrators for support in that.

---->-- ja karman --<-----

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation