BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello Friend, 

i am using 9.4 SAS base and our email set up for SAS is SMTP. i runnning some code in batch mode which supposed to attach excel file and send email to client server email id. However i am receiving error like "Error: Error opening attachment file \\servername\testdir\test.xls". 

If i run code  manually i am receiving below error. 

"No microsoft Outllok profiles have been created. In microsoft windows, click start button, and then click control panel. clocl user accouints and then click maikl.. Click show profiles, and then click add

This seems something needs to be dome from MS office set up, i followed few steps but didn't work it out. Can someone please help. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

My best suggestion for you, please read the following paper to check if you are sending emails following the best procedures of SAS.

For your information, at the end of the paper, there is a reference to the pop up error you receive coming from Outlook.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/023-2013.pdf

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi,

I think you are having 2 completely different problems.

The first problem, "Error: Error opening attachment file \\servername\testdir\test.xls".

This one only means that most probably the UNC path was not recognized, for some reason. Probably \\servername could not be used, or lack of authorizations from the batch user to \\servername\testdir\test.xls.

The second error, could be related to this, on an attempt to use Oulook to send the email: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2968977 

But I think it might be better to ask your administrator or technical support.

Anyway, in order to send emails and attachments, you can always use free sofware run with x commands, as blat or similar.

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7

Thanks Juan. 

You are right, i mixed up two things somehow 🙂

For second issue, infect i checked those options but they are designed appropriately as mentioned in that link microsoft docs. Not sure what else we can do. Will wait if someone coming up with something else. Appreciate your reply back. 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

My best suggestion for you, please read the following paper to check if you are sending emails following the best procedures of SAS.

For your information, at the end of the paper, there is a reference to the pop up error you receive coming from Outlook.

http://support.sas.com/resources/papers/proceedings13/023-2013.pdf

sas_9
Obsidian | Level 7
Thank you Juan...

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation