BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

Sorry if I send my question to this location. I couldn't post it to "Administration and Deployment" and got error.

I've upgraded my computer from x32 to x64 and when I'm running SAS Deployment Wizard to install Base SAS, there is no option to install it in the product list.

In OrderSummary is mentioned that Base SAS is available to be installed. In "product to install" drop down list I've chosen "SAS Foundation and related software". What is the problem and why Base sas is not available in the list ?

Doriana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

do you still have a SAS install on your machine right now?

If so, what you could try is uninstalling the existing one, and then try and install from the media/depot you have.

Please make sure you back up your environment before going that route!!!

Are you installing from media or from a software depot?

Something must have gone wrong with your SAS files when the environment was upgraded from 32-bit to 64-bit.

What version of SAS are you running? Are you trying to do a SAS version upgrade at the same time?

What are the exact steps you go when trying to install?

Check with your administrator if you have permissions to install.

These are a lot of questions, but hopefully the answers will bring us a bit closer to what is going on

Thanks

Anja

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

But a friend of mine did the same and could install the Base SAS.

Reeza
Super User

Licenses are specific to OS and bitness

And I'm pretty certain you can install 32 bit on a 64 bit machine 

Talk to your SAS administrator if you have issues or ask your friend what they choose in set steps. 

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Reeza. I asked my friend and I followed the same steps that he did but still no Base SAS available to install in the list.

Reeza
Super User

Contact your SAS rep,for a new installation media would be my next suggestion. 

If if you call or email,SAS tech support they can check your license and possible help walk you through the start up. We're limited in what we can suggest via messages. 

Riana
Pyrite | Level 9

I've contacted SAS support and they checked the license files. I've also sent each screen shot of the installation process that I've undergone and everything was ok but they couldn't help me on this. Do you have any idea that what should I do? Or what might be the problem?

Reeza
Super User

My only thought is do you need to create a depot that you can first install from or do you have incorrect media files. 

But if SAS tech support was unable to help I don't we can. 

What version of SAS are you trying to install and what is your OS? 

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

do you still have a SAS install on your machine right now?

If so, what you could try is uninstalling the existing one, and then try and install from the media/depot you have.

Please make sure you back up your environment before going that route!!!

Are you installing from media or from a software depot?

Something must have gone wrong with your SAS files when the environment was upgraded from 32-bit to 64-bit.

What version of SAS are you running? Are you trying to do a SAS version upgrade at the same time?

What are the exact steps you go when trying to install?

Check with your administrator if you have permissions to install.

These are a lot of questions, but hopefully the answers will bring us a bit closer to what is going on

Thanks

Anja

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation