BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
syedzakir
Calcite | Level 5

what should one study to be a sucessful SAS administrator . please give detailed answer

6 REPLIES 6
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi,

You might want at least to get a foundation level certification for RedHat (or similar) and a SAS Platform Administration certification for SAS 9 (or at least get the SAS Platform Administration Fast Track from SAS).

https://support.sas.com/training/
syedzakir
Calcite | Level 5

i have base SAS cerification , what should be my next course of study

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
I think you would be interested on the certification for SAS Platform Administrator. SAS base is for programmers and general purposes, and the one I am mentioning is for administrators.

syedzakir
Calcite | Level 5

sas platform administrator has multiple sub categories which is the right choice

LinusH
Tourmaline | Level 20

You've already been given a proper answer. I don't think you can benefit from any more detailed instructions. Just get started, and then find out the details that you are interested in.

Data never sleeps
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

If you will be the SAS administrator on a UNIX platform, you need to learn the basics of the UNIX system as such, and the specifics of your UNIX brand (AIX, Solaris, HP-UX or one of the Linux distributions)

Knowledge of the basic commands present in UNIX like find, grep, sort, etc is also mandatory, and at least one course on bash shell scripting.

If you don't have proper UNIX admins in your organization, also do a course in UNIX administration for your UNIX brand.

If you're good at learning from manuals, you may be able to acquire the necessary knowledge on your own while working on the job.

And the respective forums like this here and stackoverflow can be very helpful for this, and GIYF will be true also.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 in conversation