Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS Work Folders permissions

Accepted Solution Solved
Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Work Folders permissions

Hello guys,

I have been  recently charged to administer our sas deployment, and as a newbie I'm facing a couple issues I haven't been able to solve.

At this moment I facing an scenario where it seems that Work folders that are created for every user in the platform have 700 permissions, and I don't know why sas is not deleting some of them after the session finishes. I'm stacking with those folders that I can't remove.

So my question is, is there a way I could set the folders to be created with 770 permissions, so in case of being necessary I can delete the stacked sessions, instead of having the users or the root user to delete them?

I saw the configuration of the SASv9.cfg file and it has the -workperms 777 option, so I don't know where else too look.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎12-27-2017 01:41 PM
Super User

Re: SAS Work Folders permissions

Posted in reply to iscgonzalez

SAS provides a utility that assists in "housekeeping". It's called cleanwork and found in SASHOME/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin.

Run it (as superuser or administrator) with your directory from the -work option as parameter. Do so regularly (via scheduler) to get rid of leftover WORKs from SAS sessions that have not terminated gracefully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎12-27-2017 01:41 PM
Super User

SAS provides a utility that assists in "housekeeping". It's called cleanwork and found in SASHOME/SASFoundation/9.4/utilities/bin.

Run it (as superuser or administrator) with your directory from the -work option as parameter. Do so regularly (via scheduler) to get rid of leftover WORKs from SAS sessions that have not terminated gracefully.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Trusted Advisor

☑ This topic is solved.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation