BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

I would like to configure my SAS Architecture like this :

- Machine 1 : All products (except SAS Web Server)

- Machine 2 : SAS Web Server

If I configure the machine 1 first, the internal connection of Web App in SAS Management Console are set to :

- host : machine 1

- port : 8080

Then, I configure the machine 2 with the Web Server.

The problem is "Internal connexion" in SAS Management Console is not updated, so I have to update it manually.

Is it possible in my plan deployment that informations of "Internal connexion" are set automatically ?

Do I have to respect a particular order in my deployment.

For example :

- Machine 1 : Meta+Compute

- Machine 3 : SAS Middle-Tier

And, could I initiate a plan like this ?

In attachment, my install plan.

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Gaetan

Plan.PNG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

Correct -

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biig/69172/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n05002intelplatform0...

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide says:

"4.If your deployment plan separates SAS Web Server from SAS Web Application Server, install SAS Web Server first."

(In the 'Install Order Rules for Multiple Machine Deployments' section of the 'Installing and Configuring your SAS Software' chapter )

similar story if you wanted to do

Machine 1: Meta & Web

Machine 2: Compute

You'd make a plan with 3 machines

Machine 1: Meta

Machine 3: Web

Configure them in order, but when configuring machine '3' you would go back to machine 1, and configure it in a new configuration directory, (C:\sas\WebConfig separate from C:\sas\MetaConfig)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Sorry, I made a mistake.

- Machine 1 : Meta+Compute

- Machine 1 : SAS Middle-Tier

dpage
SAS Employee

Correct -

https://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/biig/69172/HTML/default/viewer.htm#n05002intelplatform0...

SAS(R) 9.4 Intelligence Platform: Installation and Configuration Guide says:

"4.If your deployment plan separates SAS Web Server from SAS Web Application Server, install SAS Web Server first."

(In the 'Install Order Rules for Multiple Machine Deployments' section of the 'Installing and Configuring your SAS Software' chapter )

similar story if you wanted to do

Machine 1: Meta & Web

You'd make a plan with 3 machines

Machine 1: Meta

Machine 3: Web

Configure them in order, but when configuring machine '3' you would go back to machine 1, and configure it in a new configuration directory, (C:\sas\WebConfig separate from C:\sas\MetaConfig)

Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you very much !

The process is now clear in my mind,

Gaetan

Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Please, just a supplementary question :

During the Middle-Tier configuration (third step), I have to answer this question :

The screen is "SAS Web Infrastructure Platform Dependencies".

Do I have to choose the Web Application Server configured on the Web Server Machine, or the Web Application Server who will be configure on the Mid-Tier Server ?

In attachment, the print screen

Regards,

Gaetan

WIPDependencies.png
dpage
SAS Employee
The Mid-Tier server. However, if the only thing you created on the web server machine was a web server, it shouldn't be appearing in this list, I'd be worried some additional things were configured on the web server tier that you didn't intend.
Gaetan
Obsidian | Level 7

Yes, I'm agree with you.

But the plan comes from the SAS Technical Support and they were categorical :

- When you select Web Server only one a machine, supplementary WebApp components are mandatory.

For information, my deployment failed this week-end during the step 3 : config WebApp

dpage
SAS Employee

Let's open a track with support and we can look into specific logs and issues.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation