BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
naks
Calcite | Level 5

SAS documentation says that when clustering you have to use an external database. When configuring the SAS mid tier(clustered environment) we have to enter database connection credentials on the "SAS Web infrastructure database properties" screen. If we choose not to 'CHECK' the option to 'Automatically create tables and load data' Can we create these tables later using a different schema then that we specified on "SAS Web Infrastructure database properties" screen. The script to create this tables will be provided in the instructional.html doc.

Thanks,

Amos

4 REPLIES 4
Diane_SAS
SAS Employee

Amos, Can you provide some details on what you would like to do by configuring your own schema?

naks
Calcite | Level 5

Diane,

I'm doing an upgrade(not an in place upgrade) creating a copy of our current environment. I cloned the current database in the new environment and renamed it. During the install, SDW complained that the tables already exist, so i would have to delete or un-check the 'Automatically create tables and load data' option. I can un-check that option to create tables and run the script to provided to create these tables later. Since i plan on refreshing/merging this new database with the current to bring it up to date after the upgrade. I didn't want the existing tables over written. My plan is to create this tables with a different schema compare differences from those that are already existing. This is not critical just wanted to know.

Thanks,

Amos

Diane_SAS
SAS Employee

Amos, sorry for the delay in responding. And, unfortunately, I have another question in response. You say that you are upgrading the environment. From what version to what version are you upgrading? Are you migrating content as part of this upgrade? My initial thought is that you should complete the install with the "auto create" option checked, then merge any other content later (rather than the other way around). Would that be an option?

naks
Calcite | Level 5

Diane, we upgraded from 9.3 T1M1 to 9.3T1M2 no migration. We created a new database schema for this upgrade, verified that the there were no knew sas objects(tables, indexes etc) with this upgrade.