BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I'm currently trying to setup a connection via CAS to a source database

I've setup the connection on the Linux server via unixODBC and it connects successfully. 

However when I try to access this via SAS it throws the following error below. I've updated the cas.settings file and restarted CAS service to update the ODBCINI, ODBCINSTINI & LD_LIBRARY_PATH Variables as required. These are reflected in the CAS Browser Console (tkcas.dsp). I'm struggling to figure out why the connection to the driver failed. 

ERROR: The connection to the data source driver failed.
ERROR: General Error - invalid Exception
ERROR: Function failed.
ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.

Any hints tips or pointers would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 
David 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

There was an encoding issue with the openODBC drivers and as such the encoding had to be added into the CASLIB statement. 

caslib odbccaslib datasource=(srctype="odbc" odbc_dsn="MySQL" dm_unicode="utf-16" );

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

There was an encoding issue with the openODBC drivers and as such the encoding had to be added into the CASLIB statement. 

caslib odbccaslib datasource=(srctype="odbc" odbc_dsn="MySQL" dm_unicode="utf-16" );

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation