BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi, 

I'm currently trying to setup a connection via CAS to a source database

I've setup the connection on the Linux server via unixODBC and it connects successfully. 

However when I try to access this via SAS it throws the following error below. I've updated the cas.settings file and restarted CAS service to update the ODBCINI, ODBCINSTINI & LD_LIBRARY_PATH Variables as required. These are reflected in the CAS Browser Console (tkcas.dsp). I'm struggling to figure out why the connection to the driver failed. 

ERROR: The connection to the data source driver failed.
ERROR: General Error - invalid Exception
ERROR: Function failed.
ERROR: The action stopped due to errors.

Any hints tips or pointers would be appreciated. 

Thanks, 
David 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

There was an encoding issue with the openODBC drivers and as such the encoding had to be added into the CASLIB statement. 

caslib odbccaslib datasource=(srctype="odbc" odbc_dsn="MySQL" dm_unicode="utf-16" );

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
daithi1990
Obsidian | Level 7

There was an encoding issue with the openODBC drivers and as such the encoding had to be added into the CASLIB statement. 

caslib odbccaslib datasource=(srctype="odbc" odbc_dsn="MySQL" dm_unicode="utf-16" );

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation