BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Reggie1
Calcite | Level 5

I am using SAS Viya 3.4.  I am connecting to Amazon Redshift through an ODBC connection.  When I attempt to run a SAS program within SAS Studio on Viya the program does not complete on its own.  I have to go to the linux box and kill the compsrv.start.s and kill the PID in order for the program to complete.  Has anyone else had an issue such as this?  I only get this issue when trying to run it within SAS Studio on SAS VIYA.

Example of PIDS I would kill

rmjones@abcdefghighl:/opt/sas/spre/home/lib64/accessclients
$ ps -U rmjones
PID TTY TIME CMD
9271 pts/1 00:00:00 ps
14611 ? 00:00:00 compsrv_start.s
14631 ? 00:00:13 compsrv
14633 ? 00:00:00 elssrv
52233 pts/0 00:00:00 vim
101719 pts/0 00:00:00 bash
117970 pts/1 00:00:00 bash

I know the program run because, when I run the same program on SAS Studio on SAS 9.4, it runs as it should.  

Please help!!

Thanks

Reggie

2 REPLIES 2
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @Reggie1 ,

from my point of view, you don't need to kill this process, it seems to me as it works as designed. SAS 9.4 works different than SAS Viya. Not only that, the SAS Compute Server and the Compute Service do work differently than the SAS Workspace Server and the SAS Object Spawner. Did you have a chance to read about:

Check out the diagrams at the bottom, they help a lot to understand the general process.

Nonetheless, it might well be you could be in need to upgrade to Viya 3.5 or to install the latest hotfixes.

Perhaps @alexal knows more about it.

Best regards,

Juan

alexal
SAS Employee

I agree with @JuanS_OCS , you do not have to kill that process. As he already mentioned, you can try to install the most recent hotfixes. If you will be able to reproduce the problem after that, the next step will be to get a traceback from the hanging process.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation