Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS VA 7.3 Distributed Mode

Accepted Solution Solved
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS VA 7.3 Distributed Mode

It is possible to have a complete windows enviroment in SAS 9.4 VA 7.3 distributed architecture? or I must have at least the SAS LASR Analytic Server on Linux?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎09-21-2016 10:50 AM
Trusted Advisor

Re: SAS VA 7.3 Distributed Mode

No, it is not possible at this moment, only with Linux. You can always check the system requirements page and its updates: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikvisanlytofrsr/68904/HTML/default/index.html

But you can always split metadata, compute and Web tiers, and have Hadoop too. You simply won;t have the advantajes on high-performance of the distributed LASR.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
‎09-21-2016 10:50 AM
Trusted Advisor

No, it is not possible at this moment, only with Linux. You can always check the system requirements page and its updates: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikvisanlytofrsr/68904/HTML/default/index.html

But you can always split metadata, compute and Web tiers, and have Hadoop too. You simply won;t have the advantajes on high-performance of the distributed LASR.

Occasional Contributor

Thank You JuanS_OCS

I have seen that requirement document already i just wanted to confirm the posibility.

Trusted Advisor

You are welcome Luis, un placer.

Super User

We have a completely Windows non-distributed SAS VA 7.3 environment. If your data requirements are relativily small like ours then going Windows non-distributed is definitely worth considering. The installation, administration and support overhead with this approach is a lot less than Linux non-distributed.  

☑ This topic is SOLVED.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation