BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Hi,

We have recently done with Installation and configration of SAS 9.4 M3 including SAS VA 7.3 distributed on Linux env.

Could you please advise how we can validate and testing our new environment before handover to users.

I Can load the data into Lasr server with any error but I can see it save some files into VA_Singnature path on root node and I cant see any data saved on other 3 worker nodes.

Please Advise!!!

5 REPLIES 5
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @japsas100,

I would recommend you to contact SAS Technical Support, maybe they can share with you the validation guide appropiate for your installation. As often SAS representative, I have the validation guide (generally named STIC), but I cannot share them with you, as I am no owner of the document, only SAS.

Please let us know the answer from SAS Technical Support.

Best regards,

Juan

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks JuanS_OCS,

Just want to check if we load data into Lasr server where physically store the data on root and workers nodes?

anja
SAS Employee

Hi,

Not sure this is what you are asking:

The root node distributes the data to the worker nodes and distributes any action requests for in-memory data to the worker nodes.

Thanks

Anja

japsas100
Pyrite | Level 9

Thanks Anja,

When I load data into Lasr server its sucessfully loaded and I can see some are copied under root note(VA Signature files) but cant see any data on worker node.

But When I login to EM and see there is some error under Resource tab.

This resource is turned off or has not been configured properly.
The problem is: Error contacting resource: Can't connect to MBeanServer url [ptql:State.Name.eq=java,Args.*.eq=org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode] port [null] username [null]: java.io.IOException: State.Name.eq=java,Args.*.eq=org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.datanode.DataNode java.io.IOException: Operation not permitted
Please turn on the server, or fix its Configuration Properties.

Please advise?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hum... did you checked already, on your hadoop cluster, if all the nodes are available?

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 3 in conversation