BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TyBar
Calcite | Level 5

Can anyone tell me or point me in the direction on how to create a response file for the SAS Universal Viewer 1.42.1420? In the command line I typed setup.exe -record, went through the setup to install the SUV. Everything installed correctly but I don't know where the response file was created or if I even did it the correct way. I've spent too much time researching forums and there's nothing I can easily refer to in the installation documentation. 

Thanks,

TB

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @TyBar,

if you did not specified a location and name of the file, the SAS Deployment Wizard (SDW) will create it by default on your user home directory with a name as response_date.properties or so.

My best suggestion is to provide a path and a name, then you are in control, eg: setup.exe -record -responsefile "X:\my_directory_path\response_Install_SASUniversalViewer.properties".

For more information: http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikdeploywizug/66034/PDF/default/user.pdf

Hope it helps, TB,

Kind regards,

Juan

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation