BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
RameshRedfdy
Calcite | Level 5

Hi ,

We are scheduling jobs from batch server .we are able to schedule a job  .if i run manually the job flow the log is generating in the compute server .when i refer the log its showing all data sets observations are zero what would be the problem ..?

OS-AIX6

SAS version .9.2

Scheduling server : OS  batch server 

Thanks in advance

Ramesh Reddy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarkDawson
SAS Employee

Hi Ramesh,

The SAS log shows a WARNING, which is then setting OBS=0.  I believe this is documented in the following SAS Note, along with the solution...

Usage Note 35891: SAS® Data Integration Studio jobs executing in batch might fail with an error in the SAS® log

http://support.sas.com/kb/35891

Hope it helps, Mark

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MarkDawson
SAS Employee

There are many reason why no rows can be returned, the most obvious being no matching data, permission to read date, options obs=0 or errors earlier in the code.  You'd need to provide the full SAS log for further advice.

RameshRedfdy
Calcite | Level 5

Hello ,

Thanks for response please find detailed log file

MarkDawson
SAS Employee

Hi Ramesh,

The SAS log shows a WARNING, which is then setting OBS=0.  I believe this is documented in the following SAS Note, along with the solution...

Usage Note 35891: SAS® Data Integration Studio jobs executing in batch might fail with an error in the SAS® log

http://support.sas.com/kb/35891

Hope it helps, Mark

RameshRedfdy
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks for ur response .changes done accordingly given information its working now ..thank u very much

SASKiwi
PROC Star

What you see in the log may be caused by the SAS option SYNTAXCHECK being set on. When this option is set and SAS encounters an error, it will go into syntax check mode for the rest of the job, that is OBS is set to 0. This option is set on by default for SAS batch jobs, but set off by default for non-batch SAS processing.

If you prefer SAS not to go into syntax check mode then specify: OPTIONS NOSYNTAXCHECK; This will not fix the source of your error but may help resolve it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation