BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I use SAS Management Console to maintain users / passwords on AuthDomains for databases. Is that an option for you?

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Also to @ChrisHemedinger 

We try not to install any of the Java-based packages for people unless they absolutely need them. This is because we had all kinds of problems getting them packaged in SCCM, and installing them has quite a large network payload, especially where the majority of staff are still working from home, often across slow Broadband connections.

Management Console is mainly installed for platform admins (like me) and a few folk who use job scheduling. So, where login management is required, I'll still direct people to EG Explorer.

SASWayne
Quartz | Level 8

@Nigel_Pain @ChrisHemedinger @SASKiwi Any idea if SAS Personal login manager is a paid software or a free one?

Nigel_Pain
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10
Free as far as I know.
ChrisHemedinger
Community Manager

It's part of the suite of apps that come with Base and SAS Metadata Server, such as SAS Management Console. No special license needed. The standalone install (as @Nigel_Pain points out) can be a challenge though, as you must go through the SAS Deployment Wizard.

Check out SAS Innovate on-demand content! Watch the main stage sessions, keynotes, and over 20 technical breakout sessions!

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 6 in conversation