BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi folks, 

We recently started with a problem to open SAS Enterprise Miner on the client machine (using web link). Our installation is old, we are in the process to update it, but we need to continue to use it until the migration process is completed. 

We have 9.3M2 and EM 12.1 (yes, I know it's really old). Until a few weeks ago, the user could open and work with SAS Miner using web link without any problem. But now, the application is not open anymore. We have already restarted SAS services, we verified the Java version on the client machine, but nothing. 

We already have a ticket opened with SAS Support but until now we don't have any progress on it. Any idea? Please find attached the DeploymentRegistry report, and the log written on SAS EM console. 

Regards,

9 REPLIES 9
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MariaD ,

looking at the console log, I see that Miner has an issue fetching the WIP components. Then a bit earlier, I see it tries to contact 

http://CO05SASAPP:9080/SASWIPClientAccess/remote/ServiceRegistry

- can you reach this URL from a browser on a client?

- why has this server been configured without FQDNs? Especially in the new Windows networks, by default no short names will work. If you want short names to work, it requires extra configurations on DNS and the GPOs for the windows clients.

- Did you try the JNLI client (web)?

I hope this helps a bit. 

Best regards,

Juan

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @JuanS_OCS . 

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer for why this server was configured without FQDNs. I didn't participate in the installation process.

The user only uses the web interface to open SAS Miner, they don't have (never had) SAS Miner Client installed on their computers. The results for reaching the URL was:

Error 500: javax.servlet.ServletException: Filter (ClientIpAddressFilter): filter is unavailable. 

Regards,

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Thank you @MariaD !

Well, good to know the web client is used. Is this issue happening as well if the client is launched from the server as well? 

Given the fact you can access the URL (but with a 500 http error) from the client, I would assume the result might be the same, but an extra check might help, because of the "Filter (ClientIpAddressFilter): filter is unavailable" 

What is the WIP configuration for URL whitelists? In this case, the network range of the clients must be added (or just an *). See:

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/p1xtsni38p58t3n1ljd2fy4c3joz.htm

https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/bicdc/9.4/bimtag/n1d1g9qpptzp4qn1acqgh2iwi2ga.htm

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Thanks @JuanS_OCS , I'll check and let you know. If we need to add a URL to the whitelist, do we need to restart the service to take effect, right? 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Unfortunately, yes, that is the case. But only the middle tier. SAS Meta and SAS Compute won't need a restart.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

Hi @JuanS_OCS ,

In fact, under Application Infraestructure -- > Properties --> Advanced, the sas.web.cdps.knownHosts property does not exist. Do you recommend adding it? My doubt is if this property did not exist before and the connection worked, why now stop working? Could it be provoked by some change in network or access policies?

Regards, 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MariaD , if those settings were never there before, was the system upgraded to a new maintenance or applied some hotfixes? That can create differences.

If none of above happened, then I can agree that might not be related. But I don't think network is an issue, as it seems you are reaching our to the URL. But a corrupted content in the SAS Content Server, or changed permissions in the Content Server or Metadata, could cause this kind of unexpected errors.

MariaD
Barite | Level 11

@JuanS_OCS , you probably are right about the cause of the problem. If we tried to reach the sas-environment URL, the XML opens on web browser. 

Do you know what are exactly the permissions for the Content Server or Metadata to validate? 

Regards,

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hi @MariaD , 

I don't know all the permissions by hard, but I would assume that sastrust and General Services should be able to access (at least on Read and Read Metadata modes) to all locations.

If that is not enough, it is probably better to follow up with SAS Technical Support.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 2 in conversation