BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8

Hello,

We are migrating from 9.4M0 to 9.4M5 and I exported all my users in a package everything went fine but all the passwords in the authdomain are cleared... so every users have to reenter their credentials...  in the new installation.  Is there a workaround so the passwords are kept ?

Thanks

Laurent

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
I know that if you use an unrestricted user you can't fetch passwords. That might be what happened here.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16
Hi ,

As I know it, no external user custom password will ever be exported in a spk package, due to security reasons. I think it is a good policy.

I also wonder why you do need to registers those passwords manually on SAS metadata... I think it is better to rely in host or AD/ LDAP authentication, then avoid double maintenance.

tlk
Quartz | Level 8 tlk
Quartz | Level 8
It is our Oracle password and AIX password. We've installed 9.4 ts1m5 on a new server ans wanted to migrate all the users from ts1m0 to m5 and I was hoping that all the autdomain with their password would follow with an export
SimonDawson
SAS Employee
I know that if you use an unrestricted user you can't fetch passwords. That might be what happened here.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation