BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi all,

one of our administrator renewed the SAS license using SAS DM and updated the SID file in metadata. when I ran the proc setinit; run; I see the new expiration dates. but when I view metadata setinit details in SAS SMC it is not updated with new expiration dates. I tried by restarting the server and refreshing the application server also but it is not fixed.  I believed they didn't followed the correct process. Any suggestions why it is not updated. 

Is there anything I can check?

- Windows server ; single machine environment

- office analytics

Thanks

V

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dpage
SAS Employee

Typically, yes. The process changed a bit in 9.4 (TS1M3) but I still think you'd have that log.

Usually if proc setinit shows one thing, and metadata show another it means part D got missed from http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikwinplannedri/66607/PDF/default/setinit_plann...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dpage
SAS Employee

Should be a log in the c:\sas\config\Lev1\Logs\Configure directory named   (Adjust path as appropriate) 

cfgwizard_loadSetinitintoMetadata followed by a date stamp.

With more details - if no such file exists it sounds like a step was missed. 

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Hi @dpage,

There is no log - cfgwizard_loadSetinitintoMetadata

that means they did not updated the SID file in metadata?

Thanks,

V

dpage
SAS Employee

Typically, yes. The process changed a bit in 9.4 (TS1M3) but I still think you'd have that log.

Usually if proc setinit shows one thing, and metadata show another it means part D got missed from http://support.sas.com/documentation/installcenter/en/ikwinplannedri/66607/PDF/default/setinit_plann...

vkrishna
Quartz | Level 8

Yes. I believe they skipped the step D. I will updated it.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation