BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tausendSASsa
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

my Questions are about the Configuration of newly added Products to an existing SAS Installation.

We already have a SAS Installation with SAS Enterprise Miner (one-machine). Therefore we have the "install directory.../SASHOME" and the Directory for Configurations called "install directory.../SAS/Eminer/Lev1". Now i am about to add a installation of SAS Forecast Server on the same Server.

Question 1:

Do I have to choose a new configuration Directory like: "install directory.../SAS/Forecast/Lev1" or should I generally use only one Config Directory? (In my Case use the existing SAS/Eminer/Lev1).

Question 2:

If I would create a new Config Directory ("SAS/Forecast/Lev1"), I been asked by the Deployment Wizard to enter a new Password for Users like sasadm@saspw and so on. These Users already exists. Should I just define the Passwort, which already exists or should I create new internal Users especially for SAS Forecast Server Configuration?

Best Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @tausendSASsa,

not sure if you are speaking on a PC or a Server deployment, but, it really does not matter anyway, the answers would be the same in both scenarios. Since you speak about sasadm@saspw account, I will understand you are talking about a server.

No, you don't have to chose different directories, specially if the maintenance level is the same. 

It is more up to you, if you want them to be a same environment, or different/separate environments.

Different Levels are normally used to virtually separate deployment tiers (metadata - compute - web - clients) or DTAP levels (development, production, etc)

If you select the same configuration level, you won't need new passwords (except, for new accounts), you will need to type in the same passwords as on your initial deployment, since you are just adding products. If you select different configuration folders/levels, you will be prompted for the host and port of your metadata server, and if it is going to be a new one, you might need to select new accounts and passwords.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @tausendSASsa,

not sure if you are speaking on a PC or a Server deployment, but, it really does not matter anyway, the answers would be the same in both scenarios. Since you speak about sasadm@saspw account, I will understand you are talking about a server.

No, you don't have to chose different directories, specially if the maintenance level is the same. 

It is more up to you, if you want them to be a same environment, or different/separate environments.

Different Levels are normally used to virtually separate deployment tiers (metadata - compute - web - clients) or DTAP levels (development, production, etc)

If you select the same configuration level, you won't need new passwords (except, for new accounts), you will need to type in the same passwords as on your initial deployment, since you are just adding products. If you select different configuration folders/levels, you will be prompted for the host and port of your metadata server, and if it is going to be a new one, you might need to select new accounts and passwords.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation