Architecting, installing and maintaining your SAS environment

SAS Install Issue

Accepted Solution Solved
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

SAS Install Issue

Hi,

Previously  we used to install SAS on clients machine using Network share from a local server.Recently we are encountering problem like shown below.

Operating System - Windows 7

Did anybody encountered this type of issue?

Accepted Solutions
Solution
‎04-25-2014 01:30 AM
Super User

Re: SAS Install Issue

I have found that at least in 9.2 the installation process on Windows 7 is flaky, leading to unexpected results. Especially when trying silent installations.

See if you can find and read the file specified (just copy it from the network to a local location).

If that works, open a thread with SAS tech support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers

View solution in original post

All Replies
Super User

Very limited information to go on but it sounds like a network or authorisation problem rather than a sas problem.

Data never sleeps
Solution
‎04-25-2014 01:30 AM
Super User

I have found that at least in 9.2 the installation process on Windows 7 is flaky, leading to unexpected results. Especially when trying silent installations.

See if you can find and read the file specified (just copy it from the network to a local location).

If that works, open a thread with SAS tech support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maxims of Maximally Efficient SAS Programmers
Regular Contributor

Posted in reply to KurtBremser

I tried by copying to local machine it worked.I think it's a bug need to check with SAS Tech support.

🔒 This topic is solved and locked.

Need further help from the community? Please ask a new question.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation