BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
alemes
Calcite | Level 5

Hi All,

We've SAS GRID Manager version 9.4 M3 running on Linux Red Hat 7.

We had memory leak events on the primary node and this problem is fixed after the reboot.

When we see via TOP command on Linux console, all resource are low use.

Can anyone help ?

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

Well that looks like this SAS Note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/54/507.html

Only problem is it says it was fixed in 9.4 M2. I recommend you track this to SAS Tech Support if you haven't done so already.

alemes
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for reply.

We already have the M3 version.

Our system operation is LINUX RedHat 7.1 wirh VERITAS 6.2

We're looking for a problem on sytem operation tier.

Regards

MargaretC
SAS Employee

When you look at the amount of memory used with the top command, you see the percentage of memory pages "touched".  Since SAS does I/O via the operating system's file cache, memory pages become "dirty".  top reports all actively used and "dirty" pages in their report.  

With a reboot, all the "dirty" pages in memory being used by filec cache will be flushed and therefore not reported as "touched" with top.

Please note that "dirty" pages are free to be used by any application that needs active pages.

Also, 100% usage of memory without swapping is fine.   You should only be concerned when you start to see lots of swapping/paging to disk along with 100% usage of memory.

Please let me know if you need further clarification on this.

Cheers,

Margaret

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation