BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
FredGPC
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello, I recently installed Sas Foundations based on a depot and, at the end, it didnt come with te folder Lev1/

Now i dont know how to start the sas server or how to installed it.

I installed two times now and both time it didnt installed the sripts to start the server so a removal and installation again is not an option in my opinion

I need help guys.

Thanks in advance.

(in Attachements the folders that were installed on $SASHOME)

6 REPLIES 6
alexal
SAS Employee

@FredGPC,

Are you sure you did a planned deployment? If so, which deployment plan did you use?

FredGPC
Fluorite | Level 6

the planned depot it didnt let me accept the location, so I installed the Foundation with the licence on the depot

alexal
SAS Employee

@FredGPC,

it didnt let me accept the location

What did you mean? The location for what? The configuration folder?

FredGPC
Fluorite | Level 6

The plan_files folder, for the planned depot. Sorry its the first time I've installed SAS.

alexal
SAS Employee

@FredGPC,

I still didn't get what you meant. I recommend you read this document:

QuickStart Guide: SAS® 9.4 Planned Deployments using Electronic Software Delivery

Anand_V
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @FredGPC

From the depot go to install_doc and open the soi.html document. Check if your deployment requires to be deployed using a planned approach. If yes, then you can download the standard plan files from the sas support site matching your architecture or contact your SAS rep. to provide one.

If no, then you can directly install the sas software. Usually planned deployments has the SASConfig folder to start any of the SAS Servers like the Metadata Server, Spawners etc. or else you only have the SAS Foundation components installed using which you can submit SAS Job from the command line.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
A

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation