BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Chery
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi,

Can someone please explain, SAS EVM server and agent services are down on midtier servers, and I'm still able to access SAS EVM via web url, I'm wondering how it works? Thank in advance.

Environment : SAS 9.4 grid M7, hosted on Linux. 

Thanks,

Cherry.

3 REPLIES 3
SASKiwi
PROC Star

The SAS EVM Manager and Agent manage and collect the data displayed in EVM. The SAS EVM web interface is provided by a separate SAS web app run under web server SASServer2_1.  

ronf_sas
SAS Employee

Just to clarify, what you are referring to in SASServer2 is an application sometimes referred to as "SAS Environment Manager Midtier" or "SAS Environment Manager Administration".  To access this application, you log in through the traditional SAS Environment Manager UI and then select the Administration tab.  That launches another web application in a new window.  That application is what is running in SASServer2.  While seemingly embedded within SAS Environment Manager, they are separate applications running in separate application servers.

For reference, this SAS Environment Manager Administration:  SAS Help Center: Using SAS Environment Manager 2.6 Administration

ronf_sas
SAS Employee

How are you confirming the services are down on the middle-tier?  The SAS Environment Manager runs a separate Tomcat server that is independent of the SAS web applications servers.  

SAS Environment Manager does authenticate using SAS Logon Manager which runs in the SASServer1_1 web application server, so if SASServer1_1 is down, I would expect the SAS Environment Manager logon page to be unreachable.

You can check the SAS Environment Manager logs at <sas-config>/Lev1/Web/SASEnvironmentManager/server-5.8.0-EE/logs (boostrap.log and server.log) to see if it's running or not.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

Get Started with SAS Information Catalog in SAS Viya

SAS technical trainer Erin Winters shows you how to explore assets, create new data discovery agents, schedule data discovery agents, and much more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation