BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Hello All - As a new SAS Admin I was looking into "How To Tutorials / Administration & Architecture" in SAS learning site.  I notice a video called "Reporting on Metadata Using SAS Environment Manager" and start watching it.  I tried to follow and duplicate the process in my site but I get an error/message.  I select Analyze from SAS Environment Manager and pick "Report Center", message I get is

"Report Center is currently unavailable. Service Architecture has not been initialized.".  I am not sure if I need to install or configure a component to have this functionality available to me.  I appreciate any info/feedback if anyone encounter the same issue. 

best

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @L2Fly

Did you get a chance to have a look at the SAS(R) Environment Manager 2.5: User's Guide, Second Edition documentation?

The Initializing and Enabling the Service Architecture chapter should help you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @L2Fly

Did you get a chance to have a look at the SAS(R) Environment Manager 2.5: User's Guide, Second Edition documentation?

The Initializing and Enabling the Service Architecture chapter should help you.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Damo

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Damo, I didn't know.  We had SAS to install all of our products on our servers.  I will take a look and read.  Thank you.

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

I have not solved this yet, waiting to ask our SAS representative if this was part of original SAS installation and was missed somehow! 

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

It looks like I need to do this task.  Does anyone knows how much involved and rate of difficulty?

thanks

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @L2Fly,

first: what version and maintenance level of SAS do you have installed.

Second, can you access your SAS Environment Manager web application?

Third, to enable EMI it is not really much difficult and can be done within 1 hours or 2 for people used to it, and let us say within 4 hours for newcomers to EMI. You only need to follow the guide, very detailed.

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you @JuanS_OCS for your feedback.  Yes, I can access SAS Environment Manager web app.  In response to your fist question I am not sure how to answer that.  Also as far as I can tell, from SAS Environment Manager Web App, every selection I pick it will show me a result page except when I pick Analyze > Report Center.

I am also in process of setting up security groups and other configurations at this time so I should be able to get to your third item in next month or so.  I will keep posting my result and discovery here.

thanks again 

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @L2Fly,

it is clear to me that, as mentioned by @Damo, you will need to follow the initialisation guide. Beware it is dependant on your SAS 9.4 maintenance

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you @JuanS_OCS for your info.  What do you mean by "Beware it is dependent on your SAS 9.4 maintenance"?

JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Oh, @L2Fly, I meant that the steps might be slightly different depending on the maintenance version of your installed SAS software. That is why SAS provides separated documents to each of those and I shared them with you in my post above.

The maintenance is marked as SAS 9.4M3, this would be for the 3rd maintenance of SAS 9.4.

L2Fly
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you again.  This is our first install (SAS installed all of our components and servers...) and we have not gone through any maintenance yet.  So I am assuming we have the latest version.   

Damo
SAS Employee

Hi @L2Fly

You can check the version of SAS by starting a SAS Foundation 9.4 session.

In the log, you'll see the exact version (like TS1M5).

Cheers,
Damo

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 3 in conversation