BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JevyAllan
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am new to SAS Admin and would like to configure SAS Environment Manager to monitor our environment. I have inherited the original configuration with issues.

The manager is working fine and I have agents setup on the mid and meta tier which are showing as up and I have the agent installed on the grid servers but these agents (4) will not start without the error below, this is from the Grid Control server, status command:

HQ Agent is running (PID:10902).
Unable to contact agent: Error sending argument: Unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:2144: java.security.cert.CertificateException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: signature check failed, retried 5 times, cmd=agent:getCurrentAgentBundle

The log file shows the following error:

17-08-2017 13:18:05,561 BST ERROR [SenderThread] [SenderThread@490] Error sending measurements: The authenticity of host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.local' can't be established: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated
org.hyperic.hq.bizapp.client.AgentCallbackClientException: The authenticity of host 'xxx.xxx.xxx.local' can't be established: javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: peer not authenticated

I have tried the method described in http://support.sas.com/kb/52/668.html without any success.

The grid deployment seems to be configured as per the 9-4 Env Manager for Grid.pdf guidelines but I really have no way of knowing if this process was folled to the letter.

Any help apprecaited.

David

David Allan
1 REPLY 1
eleven
Fluorite | Level 6
is your sas environment manager server and agent configure to use https? Both error seem to be related to SSL certificate issue.

suga badge.PNGThe SAS Users Group for Administrators (SUGA) is open to all SAS administrators and architects who install, update, manage or maintain a SAS deployment. 

Join SUGA 

CLI in SAS Viya

Learn how to install the SAS Viya CLI and a few commands you may find useful in this video by SAS’ Darrell Barton.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation